Do you have a large group of people to train? Most ACHIEVE workshops can be delivered in a train-the-trainer format on-location.
How Train-the-Trainer Benefits Organizations
Having an internal trainer to deliver one of ACHIEVE’s proven workshops both enhances organizational know-how and saves costs at the same time. For medium to large organizations, the train-the-trainer program is the most cost-effective method to train existing and new staff or volunteers over the long term. With a certified instructor on staff, organizations can offer as many workshops as needed throughout the year.
Train-the-Trainer Program at a Glance
Certification allows you to present the workshop you have learned at your organization of employment only.
Attendance at the three-day train-the-trainer session is required.
- You and your employer must sign an agreement that indicates acceptance of the commitments involved (view an example of a signed agreement). Please note that the registration process is not complete until we receive the agreement. Please e-mail it to us at your earliest convenience.
- You must purchase a resource manual from ACHIEVE for each participant attending in-house workshops.
- You must facilitate at least one training per year in order to maintain certification.
- You must present the workshop in a manner that is consistent with how ACHIEVE presents the workshop.
- As materials are sometimes modified make them more relevant and current, you will need to review and adapt these changes.
Train-the-Trainer Workshop in Detail
On the first day of the train-the-trainer program, participants will take the workshop. Day two will begin with a question and answer session, followed by a review of important facilitation strategies and techniques. Future trainers will then begin preparing for their role in delivering a portion of the workshop. On day three, each participant will present a section of the workshop.
|9-4 p.m.||Trainers experience the workshop as a participant|
|4:15-4:30 p.m.||Review agendas for days two and three|
|9-10 a.m.||Debrief of day one and Q & A|
|10-2 p.m.||Review of workshop content combined with facilitation strategies|
|2-4 p.m.||Individual coaching and preparation to present part of workshop|
|9-3:30 p.m.||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|3:30-4 p.m.||Final thoughts and Q & A|
The Ideal Train-the-Trainer Candidate
This workshop has been successfully delivered by ACHIEVE trainers for the past ten years. In addition to developing the exceptional content in our workshops, ACHIEVE trainers are also dynamic and engaging presenters. To benefit from the same quality of workshop that ACHIEVE delivers, it is imperative that thoughtful consideration be given to who would make a good in-house trainer. Ideally, they will have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An engaging and insightful speaker
- An above average knowledge about the workshop topic
- Previous teaching and group facilitation skills