In order to survive and thrive in the 21st century workplace, we all need to master the fundamentals of communication. Our ability to communicate is directly linked to our success in meeting our needs and those of employers, colleagues, customers and clients. In this workshop we focus on core skills for communicating with clarity in the workplace. Participants will hone their verbal communication strategies including speaking and listening skills. They will also learn approaches for utilizing communication technologies such as phone, email, texts and social media more effectively. Ultimately, this workshop will give participants tools and strategies to communicate with clarity and purpose while choosing the best medium for the message.
About This Workshop
- Essential Elements of Communication
- Why Communication Breaks Down
- My Communication Style
- How My Style Impacts My Communication
- How to Send a Clear Message
- How to Listen for Factual and Emotional Content
- The Impact of Technology on Communication
- Choosing which Technology to Use
- The Essential Considerations for Phone, Email, Text, and Social Media
This is an introductory workshop aimed at developing communication skills for the 21st century workplace.