Nearly all ACHIEVE workshops may be offered in a train-the-trainer format on-site for your organization!
How Train-the-Trainer Benefits Organizations
Training an internal trainer to deliver one of ACHIEVE’s proven workshops both enhances organizational know-how and saves costs at the same time. Long term, for medium to large organizations, the train-the-trainer program is the most cost-effective method to train existing and new staff or volunteers. With a certified instructor on staff, organizations can offer as many workshops as needed throughout the year.
Train-the-Trainer Program at a Glance
Certification allows you to present the workshop you have learned at your organization of employment only.
Attendance at the 3-day Train-the-Trainer session is required.
*fees subject to change
|One time Fee:||$1500 Certification Fee — Early Registration – $1350|
|On-going Fees:||$100 Annual Recertification Fee|
|$35 Per Participant Manual Fee|
- You and your employer must sign an agreement that indicates acceptance of the commitments involved. View an example of a signed agreement. Please note that the registration process is not complete until we receive the agreement. Please mail it to us at your earliest convenience
- Facilitate at least one training a year in order to maintain certification.
- Present the workshop in a manner that is consistent with how ACHIEVE presents the workshop.
- As materials are modified from time to time to make them more relevant and current, you will need to review and adapt these changes.
Train-the-Trainer Workshop in Detail
In the first day of the train-the-trainer program, participants will take the workshop. Day two begins with a question and answer session, followed by a review of important facilitation strategies and techniques. Future trainers will then begin preparing for their role in delivering a portion of the workshop. On day three each participant will present a section of the workshop.
|8:30-9:00AM||Public Workshop Registration and Sign-in|
|9:00-10:15AM||Trainers experience the workshop as a participant|
|4:15-4:30PM||Review agendas for days 2 and 3|
|9:00-10:15AM||Debrief of day 1 and Q & A|
|10:30-12:00PM||Facilitation strategies and techniques|
|1:00-2:30PM||Facilitation strategies and techniques|
|2:45-4:00PM||Individual coaching and preparation to present part of workshop|
|9:00-10:15AM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|10:30-12:00PM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|1:00-2:30PM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|2:45-3:30PM||Participants take turns presenting the workshop|
|3:30-4:00PM||Final thoughts and Q & A|
The Ideal Train-the-Trainer Candidate
This workshop has been successfully delivered by ACHIEVE Trainers for the past ten years. In addition to exceptional content in our workshop, ACHIEVE trainers are dynamic and engaging presenters. To benefit from the same quality of workshop that ACHIEVE delivers, it is imperative that thoughtful consideration be given to who would make a good in-house trainer. Ideally they will have the following:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- An engaging and insightful speaker
- An above average knowledge about violence
- Previous teaching and group facilitation skills