Why do some people have trouble being effective in their roles or working well with others? It is usually not because they lack skills; rather, it is often because they lack emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence has a far greater impact on people’s ability to be productive and work well with others than cognitive intelligence. Emotionally intelligent people are able to identify and assess their emotions and those of others, and then use that information to guide their actions and influence the actions of others. This workshop reviews how to utilize emotional intelligence more effectively through self-assessment and skill development exercises. Participants will learn strategies that will increase their ability to engage with others and expand their influence.
Some of the Topics Included
- Key Aspects of Emotional Intelligence
- Why Emotional Intelligence Matters
- The Emotional Culture of Your Workplace
- Emotional Intelligence Self-Assessment
- Knowing and Mastering Your Emotions
- Recognizing Others’ Emotions
- Influencing Others’ Emotions
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.