Intergenerational relationships have the potential for miscommunication and unproductive interactions. They also hold possibilities for fostering more creative and productive workplaces. This workshop will help you understand different generational assumptions and consider the gifts that each generation can bring to the workplace. Participants will explore the prevailing stereotypes about different generations and gain an awareness of their own generational “blind spots” that often lead to misunderstandings and conflict. This training reviews practical strategies for intergenerational communication, with a focus on building and maintaining respect in workplace interactions.
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- The Generational Spectrum – From 18 to 75
- Different Lived Values and Work Values
- How We Think About Each Other – Truths and Stereotypes
- Demystifying the Stereotypes
- Seeking to be Understood, Seeking to Understand
- Managing Generational Conflict
- Practical Strategies for Better Communication
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop applicable to both leaders and employees.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.