Based on the book, The Culture Question, this workshop provides a guide for how every organization can increase employee engagement and become a great place to work. Unfortunately, far too many people don’t like where they work. Some organizations are unhealthy and full of disrespectful behaviour. Other workplaces are simply uninspiring. For various reasons, countless people feel trapped, indifferent, or bored at work. The secret to creating workplaces where people like to work is leadership and culture. By exploring six key elements that make up a healthy workplace culture, participants will learn the answers to two fundamental questions: “How does your organization’s culture impact how much people like where they work?” and “What can leaders do to make it better?”
*Formally titled: The Culture Question – The Secret to Employee Engagement
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- The Case for Caring About Culture
- Culture’s Impact on Employee Engagement
- How to Define Purpose and Values
- Communicating Your Purpose and Values
- Providing Meaningful Work
- Practical Ways to Make Work More Meaningful
- Focusing Your Leadership Team on People
- Directive Versus Empowering Leadership
- Why Meaningful Relationships Matter
- How to Foster Meaningful Relationships
- Creating Peak Performing Teams
- Foster Identification and Facilitate Interdependence
- Practicing Constructive Conflict Management
- Key’s to Transforming Conflict
- How to Change Culture
- Cultural Health Assessment Questionnaire
This is an intermediate-advanced level workshop for leaders, managers, supervisors, human resource personnel, and anyone who influences culture in the workplace.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study examples, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize why a healthy culture is essential, and a competitive advantage
- Understand the connection between culture and purpose
- Implement strategies for creating peak performing teams
- Incorporate key ideas for creating and sustaining a healthy workplace culture
- Follow a framework to change and maintain culture
The one-day workshop is great for groups of leaders from multiple organizations. It is a fast day that covers a lot of material.
The two-day version of this workshop is ideal for leaders from the same organization. The material is the same as in the one-day version, but the pace is slower to allow for more in-depth discussion about how to implement the workshop strategies.