One of the most difficult and often overlooked aspects of moving into a supervisory or management position is developing the skills necessary to truly manage people. Like all skills, management skills must be learned. This workshop presents the crucial skills for managing employment relationships from beginning to end, with particular focus on hiring and performance management. Both new and existing supervisors and managers will find this workshop useful as they work on developing skills for managing people.
About This Workshop
- The Role of Management
- Essential Management Aptitudes and Skills
- Management Style Assessment
- Knowing Your Management Style
- How to Adapt Your Management Style
- Hiring New Employees for Talent and Fit
- Defining Expectations
- Creating Committed and Engaged Employees
- Performance Management
- How to Deliver a Performance Review
- Discipline and Termination
- Skill Development
Access our easy
Method of Delivery
Lecture, personal reflection, video, small group discussions, case study review and skill development.
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop that is highly applicable to anyone in a leadership or human resources position. Participants will be given tools to mediate difficult conversations and resolve conflict.