Whether it is presenting at a meeting, training employees, delivering a speech or making a sale, effective presentation skills are essential for success in the workplace. Yet for those who fail to fully prepare, who ignore the signals their audience is giving them or who struggle with managing problematic behavior, presenting will be an obstacle to success. This workshop utilizes the collective knowledge of ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership & Workplace Performance trainers, accumulated from presenting to a wide range of participants in a variety of settings over the years. Participants will learn how to prepare for a presentation and deliver their content in a dynamic and compelling way that holds their audience’s attention.
- Presentations Overview
- Discovering What Your Audience Needs to Hear
- The Real Work – Writing and Preparing
- The First 120 Seconds – How to Create a Great Opening
- How to Engage Different Learning Styles
- Preparing to Present
- Strategies for Building Rapport
- Handling Difficult Questions and Challenges
- Managing Disruptive Participants
- How to Close a Presentation
- Managing Your Nervousness
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.