Too many accidents are caused by distraction, inattention, negative emotions, and mental fatigue. Mindfulness is an increasingly popular and effective tool that people use to help them stay focused, even during long, busy workdays. This workshop provides an opportunity to reflect on where the absence of mindfulness may put people at risk. Participants will acquire practical tools for helping them become more focused, attentive, and quick to react safely.
About This Workshop
Some of the Topics Included
- Mindfulness as a Bridge Between Safety and Productivity
- How Multitasking Leads to Inattention
- How to Practice Mindfulness for Safe Work
- Using Mindfulness to Manage Negative Emotions
- Mindfulness for the “Super-Busy”
- Giving Feedback on Safety Habits
- The Dangers of Disciplinary Procedures for Dealing with Accidents
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.